There is just a few days left until the final buzzer sounds for entries to this year’s Women in Travel Awards, so for those who are yet to hit the ‘submit’ button, time is of the essence!
However, it has come to The Nibbler’s attention that a few people are still a little confused about who can submit an entry to the awards, and how to enter.
So, below we’ve provided the crucial bits of info to make sure your entry counts:
- Anyone can enter, you do not need to be nominated beforehand (BTW, the deadline for peer nominations is now closed).
- You can enter more than one category, as long as your submission meets the criteria.
- Previous Women in Travel Award winners are eligible to enter again.
- An entry must be filled out and submitted in order to be eligible for judging.
- Judging is done by a panel of industry experts and entries are given a score out of 100.
- Please ensure all details are entered accurately, and that the entrant’s profile photo is included (in Attachment tab), as this will be used for the awards presentation. For those entering the Employer category, please include a team photo.
- The award categories and criteria have been updated, so please review closely before commencing your entry. This year, there are two new categories: Executive Leader of the Year and Sustainable Practices Champion.
- Please save your Women in Travel Awards entry in a Word doc, in case so many of you jump onto the awards portal that it crashes. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- The deadline for ALL entries is Friday 12 April at 5pm (AEST).
- ENTRY IS FREE!
- All entrants and finalists must purchase a ticket if they wish to attend the awards night.
And, here are the key dates to mark down in your diary:
- Entries close: Friday 12 April 2019 at 5pm (AEST)
- Judging period: Monday 15 April to Friday 10 May 2019
- Awards shortlist announced: Wednesday 15 May 2019
- Early bird ticket sale closes: Wednesday 22 May 2019 at 5pm (AEST)
- Full-price tickets on sale: Wednesday 22 May 2019 after 5pm (AEST)
- Awards night: Thursday 20 June 2019 at Doltone House – Hyde Park
Stay tuned for more info on the awards in the coming weeks and months. For all Women in Travel Awards enquiries, email Nicolle Lawson at email@example.com.