Cvent Inc has announced the results of its Top 50 Meeting Hotels in Asia Pacific.
The list was compiled by analysing group booking activity through its Cvent Supplier Network, which sourced more than $14.7 billion and more than 40 million room nights in 2017, helping to support more than 715,000 events worldwide.
“With industry research showing the current global value of the meetings and events industry at $750+ billion* and growing substantially, there is huge potential for hotels across the region to capitalise on group business opportunities,” said Bharet Malhotra, Senior Vice President of Sales for Cvent’s Hospitality Cloud.
“In the Asia Pacific region, Singapore and Australia remain top hubs for meetings and events, but hotels in Hong Kong, China, and Japan have worked hard to attract more group business to their regions and the rankings this year certainly reflect the positive results of those efforts,” said Chris McAndrews, Vice President of Marketing for Cvent’s Hospitality Cloud.
“Since opening in December 2016, Hyatt Regency Sydney has gone from strength to strength, welcoming thousands of domestic and international guests,” said Malcolm Zancanaro, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney.
“We pride ourselves on being a place for people to connect, so the meetings, incentives, conferencing and events market is extremely important to our business. This award is a nice acknowledgement of the effort we invest in delivering exceptional and memorable experiences for our guests.”
APAC List Highlights:
- Hyatt Regency Sydney, new to the list this year, took the top position.
- Five additional new properties have broken into the Top 10:
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay (ranked 3rd)
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur (ranked 4th)
- Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore (ranked 5th)
- Hilton Tokyo (ranked 6th)
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok (ranked 8th)
- There are 13 new properties to the list including: Grand Hyatt Shanghai; DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur; Kerry Hotel, Hong Kong; Millennium Hilton Bangkok; and JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach.
- Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt (in that order) are the top three hotel chains represented on the Top 50 list.
Due to increased demand and buyer preferences, Cvent also announced it has expanded its list categories to include sub-lists which segment venues further based on commonly searched attributes including property type, conference space size, and region-specific locales. These lists will be announced over the coming weeks.
Top 10 Hotel Properties in APAC:
1. Hyatt Regency Sydney
2. Shangri-la Hotel, Sydney
3. Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
4. Hilton Kuala Lumpur
5. Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
6. Hilton Tokyo
7. Hilton Singapore
8. Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
9. Pan Pacific Singapore
10. InterContinental Sydney
Cvent evaluated hotel properties that generated business through the Cvent Supplier Network from January 2017 through December 2017. The properties were ranked according to various criteria, including total requests for proposals (RFPs), awarded RFPs, total room nights, awarded room nights, major metropolitan area (MMA) market share, conversion rate, and the hotel’s unique profile visits in the Cvent Supplier Network. The criteria are designed to provide the most accurate reflection of the top meeting hotels in the U.S., Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific regions.