Sales Executive – MICE
Sales Executive – MICE
Who we are:
Our friendly and bubbly Ambassadors craft Magnifique moment by creating unforgettable experiences.
We are ‘relentlessly guess obsessed” at AccorHotels & Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Everything we do, we do to help our guest feel welcome and valued and to give them the best experience possible.
Amidst the vibrant bustle of the Sydney CBD, Sofitel Sydney Wentworth offers a luxury escape without equal. Experience a heritage-listed hotel that combines French elegance and traditions with sophisticated comfort, creating the world class 5-star destination for the most discerning travellers. Discover the perfect blend of classic European style and Sofitel luxury, from 436 beautifully appointed rooms and suites to sophisticated meeting and event spaces. Indulge in modern & contemporary cuisine with French influence in the elegant Garden Court Restaurant or fashionable 1960’s inspired Soiree at the Wentworth.
What we offer:
Our ambassadors tag liner is #itsgoodtobeus –because it is! we Live by our core values:
- People Crave belonging
- People want the real deal
- Every person has a story
- People hate to be wrong
You will learn more about these values if you come to work for us, but the second of these values, “People want the real deal” shows why it is good to be us. Here, you will be encouraged to bring you true self to work – much more so than many others companies you may have worked for in the past.
You will have the opportunity to build your skills and expertise to reach your career potential and personal goals. We also provide full laundered uniforms, discounted meal, benefits and discounts in over 100 countries with Accorhotels as well as access to a number of benefits with our partners.
We are looking for Conference & Events Sales Executive who is dedicated to manage and develop business from identified markets to achieve and exceed MICE- meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions budget for Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. The main focus of this role is to maximize conversion of MICE business as well as establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and stakeholders in order to maximize revenue potential.
To be successful in this sought-after position, you will have excellent attention to detail and time management, effective communication skills, proven experience within a quality establishment, and above all else, pride yourself on your ability to exceed both the guest expectations and hotel standards. This is a great opportunity for someone with prior sales experience looking to take the next step into the 5 star luxury market.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prospect and receive inquiries for conference, events, group and contract rate accommodation from direct and third party clients over the phone, web, email, via other members of the hotel and Accor team
- Prepare responses, proposals, contracts and other relevant paperwork to effectively communicate hotel offering to client/guests and maximise conversion through effective follow-up
- Conduct site inspections and walk in sites in a professional, luxury manner
- Conduct proactive sales activity to generate new business.
- Proactively sign clients up to Le Club Accorhotels Meeting Planner (loyalty program)
- Actively promote MICE campaigns, both hotel and National/Regional campaigns. Tracking in ANAIS as necessary.
- Represent the hotel at various functions, tradeshows and offsite activities when requested
What we are looking for:
The successful applicant will:
- Be an enthusiastic and motivated individual wishing to excel and grow within the Sofitel brand
- Have previous experience in hotel sales (Corporate & MICE, Conference and Event administration and management, Reservations or Business development)
- Have an understanding of the sales and negotiation process
- Minimum 2 years hospitality experience
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to research and source new business
- Strong attention to detail
- Extremely well organized and able to plan
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with clients and internal/external stakeholders
We want to hear from you now.
Sofitel Sydney Wentworth provides an Inclusive and Diverse environment for each individual to feel welcome and valued. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application.
For more information regarding this role, please contact email@example.com.
15 Jan 2019
Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Sales- Account & Relationship Management