The only thing we love more than typing up thousands of words about hotels is knowing we can’t afford to stay in half of them.
Amazing buffets, to award winning fine dining – The Mulia, Mulia Resorts and Villas has a venue to satisfy every palate
The Mulia, Mulia Resorts and Villas is not only home to some of the most beautiful and luxurious accommodation that Bali has to offer, it is also home to four signature restaurants, four bars and a delectable deli, all with their own niche. In the five years since opening, Mulia Bali has fast become one of the most popular food destinations in Indonesia.
From amazing buffets, to award winning fine dining, there is a venue to satisfy every palate.
Everything in The Mulia Deli is made in house – from the chocolate and beautifully crafted pastries, to the Chanel handbag shaped cakes and enormous chocolate sculptures. You can’t walk past without being tempted by some sweet treats.
Indulging at the award-winning Soleil restaurant which overlooks the beautiful Nusa Dua Bay is an absolute must, to sample some of the best Mediterranean and Pan-Asian offerings in Indonesia. Soleil was recently recognised as one of the World’s Most Luxurious Brunch Restaurants by Architectural Digest, and in the Top 10 Best fine Dining restaurants in Indonesia.
Table 8 is one of the finest Chinese restaurants in Bali equipped with a huge authentic Cantonese Dim Sum buffet and Szechuan delicacies prepared at live cooking stations.Other restaurants and bars within the property include Cascade Lounge (cocktails and high tea), Edogin (Japanese), The Café (International buffet with two rooms dedicated to dessert), Sky Bar (cocktails and tapas), The Bar (Cocktails and High Tea) and ZJ’s Bar (cocktails).
Accor Vacation Club launches new travel website for Members
Accor Vacation Club, one of the region’s leading holiday lifestyle programs, has launched a new one-stop travel service and website for Members, www.avctravel.com.au. The new Accor Vacation Club Travel website is a collaboration between Accor Vacation Club and its new travel provider, Our Vacation Centre Pty Ltd in conjunction with I.C.E. Vacations Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (ICE).
ICE specialise in providing a range of exciting travel-based benefit programs for Holiday Ownership (Timeshare) providers, to benefit Members. They have been the sole provider of cruise product for Accor Vacation Club Members in Australia since November 2013. Under the extended Accor Vacation Club Travel commercial venture, ICE has expanded its offerings beyond just cruises to provide a full suite of travel agency product for Members as part of its Discover365 Program.
Accor Vacation Club Members now have access to a full range of travel services at Accor Vacation Club Travel including:
- great value package holidays, including coach tours
- more than 140,000 hotel and resorts to choose from worldwide
- special cruise departures
- golfing and wine promotions
- competitive car hire
- travel insurance options
- hundreds of international and domestic flight deals
Portland Pillow Talk
There is so much to experience in Portland that sleep is often the last thing on the agenda but these stylish new accommodations are a big part of the city’s ‘see’ and ‘do’ vibe.
- Dossier Dreaming – Opened recently, the Dossier is the latest in the luxury Provenance Hotels collection. Reminiscent of a private club with old world hospitality, elegant design and gracious service, the hotel is also a hub for one of the city’s best contemporary art collections.
- Hustle down to The Hoxton – With a reputation for being located in creative neigbourhoods (the first Hoxton opened in Shoreditch, London), Portland is the perfect complement to this eclectic, design-forward hotel brand which positions itself as the “anti hotel.
- A Palate for The Porter – Portland already has a reputation for being a culinary destination and The Porter will enhance this with the recent announcement that the soon to open 297-room hotel will offer four premier dining options.
- And up next….Jupiter NEXT – The quirky Jupiter Hotel – a revitalised 81 room motor-inn, located in Portland’s buzzy east side – is getting an older sibling! Maintaining the same focus on design, art and creativity that makes the Jupiter unique, Jupiter NEXT will offer guests all these values but with a higher concentration on sophistication.
- Meeting the city’s needs …the Hyatt Regency Portland – The much-anticipated Hyatt Regency Portland, directly across the street from the Oregon Convention Centre, is now well under way with the 600-room hotel set to open in late 2019. The $224 million project is Portland’s biggest hotel project and will be the Hyatt’s first full-service hotel in Oregon.
East Hotel invites guests to Canberra for a glittering weekend escape
The National Gallery of Australia is presenting it’s latest and most glittering blockbuster, Cartier:The Exhibition from the 30th March to 22 July and East Hotel would like to invite guests to enjoy a special chance to be swept away by the most extraordinary collection of priceless jewels in the world. We thought this would be of interest to you and your readers who enjoy the more beautiful things in life.
East Hotel is offering couples a special package that provides the perfect opportunity to visit the nation’s capital for a weekend of style and glamour. As well as two tickets to the Cartier exhibition, Chef Francesco, the Executive Chef at Agostinis restaurant, has devised a spectacular bejewelled dessert to enjoy with dinner at the restaurant after sampling the amazing cocktails at Joe’s Bar.
East Hotel also understands only too well that families have many different ideas of fun, so they have crafted a weekend in Canberra package that caters to everyone. Included is one ticket to the Cartier exhibition (for mum), one adult and two kids admission to Questacon (for dad and the kids), cocktails for two at Joe’s Bar, dinner for the family at Agostinis with Mousse al Cioccolato for mum and dad and gelato for the kids, and two nights to stretch out in an East Two-bedroom Apartment.
The stunning collection flown into Canberra has been worn by royalty, aristocrats, global socialites and stars of the stage and screen. Highlights of the exhibition include Queen Elizabeth’s “Halo” tiara, worn by Kate Middleton at her wedding to Prince William, Dame Nellie Melba’s diamond stomacher brooch, Barbara Hutton’s imperial jadeite necklace, Princess Grace of Monaco’s 10.48-carat diamond engagement ring, Dame Elizabeth Taylor’s diamond and ruby necklace (a gift from her third husband Mike Todd which also doubles as a tiara) and a selection from the NGA’s exceptional Ballets Russes costumes.
Travelling the new tertiary
From the sights you see, to the knowledge you gain, travel can be much more than ticking things off a bucket list, with nearly three quarters (75 per cent) of Aussies believing travelling is just as valuable as getting a tertiary degree, if not more.
New research from AVANI Broadbeach Gold Coast Residences reveals Aussies are looking to their time away from home to expand their skillset, with three quarters (71.3 per cent) of Aussies interested in learning a new skill while on holiday.
Three quarters of the nation (86.7 per cent) feel they have not yet achieved their lifelong passions, with more than half (54.3 per cent) looking to travelling with the sole purpose of mastering a skill, as the means to bridge the gap. Over a quarter (27.3 per cent) of Aussies surveyed have even gone so far as to admit, they would opt out of booking a holiday if it didn’t involve the opportunity to learn something new.
However, Aussies are increasingly time poor with close to half the nation (46.8 per cent) feeling the pressures of work and life prevent them from taking up a new talent at home. With 80 per cent of Aussies believing travelling provides life skills you wouldn’t otherwise achieve, AVANI Broadbeach is launching its Masters in Travel experience – a one of a kind program that sees a stay at AVANI turn into a series of fun ways to master a passion.