Busines Development Manger MICE
There’s no other island quite like Daydream on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. It’s an exciting time to join the team. The resort is currently undergoing re-opening operations and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the Sales and Marketingteam. You’ll be joining a progressive company with the refurbished resort to open early 2019 with 277 contemporary rooms and suites, 3 new restaurants and 3 bars plus Daydream Island’s iconic Living Reef returns to the island in an even bigger and better way, further cementing its eco-friendly and educational focus. The island is one of the closest Whitsunday islands to the mainland (Airlie Beach) with a short ferry commute taking in the sea views.
About the role:
The Business Development Manager is a senior role Sydney Based, responsible for driving strategic development and generation of new business opportunities for Daydream Island. This will include but will not be limited to managing existing relationships in the Professional Conference Organizers and Corporate Meeting and Event markets throughout Australia and New Zealand, plus all other contacts in the MICE market. The role requires an experienced and credible sales professional who has proven and established contacts within many industries and can exploit their exceptional sales skills to deliver effective and successful results
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain effective communication with Director of Sales and Executive Management Group providing market intelligence on a regular basis and understanding of competitor strengths weaknesses and ongoing sales activities.
- Submit weekly reports on sales activities, competitor information market trends and any new opportunities within the C&I market.
- Look for opportunities to grow the customer database and implement regular communications to deliver new and on going business for Daydream Island .
- Ensure penetration of existing accounts to establish greater awareness of group products/series to maximize sales opportunities.
- Identify and convert sales leads into new business opportunities.
- Accurately record call plan activities, contacts, rate structure and other pertinent client information.
- Implementation of personal sales call plan program with regular follow up on effectiveness, change where appropriate to respond to market business needs.
- Attend industry functions/exhibitions as required
- Maintain regular contact with the Conferences & Weddings Manager on the island and with operational support staff as required
- Advise Hotel on appropriate treatment of hotel VIPs and other visitors to maximize all sales opportunities.
- Conduct famils to create awareness of Hotel’s product / services that will benefit sales activities and produce revenue.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Has a minimum of 5 years experience as a BDM in a Resort/Hotel of a 4-5 star rating
- Establishing new leads and working towards deadlines comes easily to this person.
- Has a network of contacts within many industries some of these being Professional Conference Organizers.
- Is flexible in their attitude and work hours
- Is pro-active, organized and has an innovative approach to achieving results
- Excellent interpersonal communication and office skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook
Why come and join us?
- Be part of an exciting Daydream island re-opening!
- An opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a progressive company
- Great team environment
This position is a full-time, live off island role working in our Sydney office. We would like to have the successful candidate on board in March 2019.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you are part of an exciting resort refurbishment and you have the experience and skills we are looking for, APPLY now with your current Resume and Cover letter outlining your suitability addressing the key criteria.
We thank all applicants for their time in applying however, please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Daydream Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage applicants from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage. All applicants are considered based upon their skills and experience with no regard to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or race.