Yes, it’s true. The travel industry’s most insightful, inspirational, and above all, entertaining conference is taking place once again on September 25 at Sydney’s Belvoir Theatre.
And for those who haven’t had the pleasure of attending before or simply need a refresher from last year, here’s what you can look forward to. Alternatively, suss out the best bite-sized bits of last year’s event here.
In short, Travel DAZE is a one day TEDx-style ideas and strategy forum for travel marketers, professionals, business heads, strategists and technologists. This year’s theme will be one that truly engages all speakers and guests: A Festival of Failure.
With failure in the spotlight this year, there will be a focus on stories and lessons learned using smart business strategy, bravery, experimentation and innovation. Speakers will deliver 12 to 18 minute TEDx-style presentations and participate in several panel discussions.
As always, Travel DAZE will challenge the status quo in an ever-changing market. The forum will bring to the stage curated topics, not death-by-powerpoint presentations or sales pitches. It is the first travel conference of its kind to be held in Australia – and you can expect high calibre local and international speakers throughout the day. In case it wasn’t clear already, this is not your average travel conference.
Just a few of the speakers who will share their wisdom with attendees at this year’s Travel Daze conference include:
- Tony Wheeler, founder, Lonely Planet
- Darrell Wade, co founder & CEO, Intrepid Travel
- Graham ‘Skroo’ Turner, CEO, Flight Centre
- Fred Schebesta, CEO, finder.com.au
- Sarina Bratton, chairman, Asia Pacific, Ponant
- Jacqui Walshe, managing director, The Walshe Group
- Matt Taylor, managing director, Milkmoney
- Mark Henley, director of transformation and digital strategy for Asia Pacific, Adobe
- Christian Hunter, managing director, Travellers Choice
- Wendy Wu, founder, Wendy Wu Tours
- James Tait, managing director, Performics
- Jennifer Vandekreeke, vice president and general manager Australia, Carnival Cruise Lines
- Paul Nahoun, travel vertical lead, Instagram
- Jackie Crossman, Sydney principal, Red Agency
- Tara Harrison, editor, Travel Weekly
Travel Daze will once again be hosted by acclaimed funny man Chris Taylor and will feature several panel discussions and opportunities for audience Q&A.
For more information on this year’s Travel Daze, and to book earlybird tickets, head to www.traveldaze.com.au
We look forward to seeing you there in September!
For any sponsorship inquiries, please contact Ruth – Ruth@Travelweekly.com.au
The Travel Weekly Team