Provocative and inspiring sessions by industry experts and thought leaders are at the core of the Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo’s (AIME) highly anticipated Knowledge Program for 2018.
The AIME Knowledge Program takes an in-depth look at event technology, regional and global industry trends and forecasts, and case studies on techniques to enhance pop culture, destinations, and live events.
Presented by industry leaders and local professionals, the program is designed to offer practical skills and insights to benefit growth and understanding in the changing landscape.
Angela Sciacca, Project Manager, AIME, commented on the value of practical sessions presented by peers, which align with the key education themes of AIME; knowledge, connections and experiences.
“We are thrilled to host leading industry professionals, who can share their experiences, and offer insights into current trends and changes expected to impact the MICE industry.
“Knowledge, connections and experiences, are the driving forces behind the program, which draws on the expertise of presenters. With six sessions in total over the two days, attendees will have ample opportunity to dive into the coming trends, and learn from industry stalwarts,” said Sciacca.
The sessions include:
- Event technology from every angle | Tuesday 20 February, 9.30am
- Guy ‘Yug’ Blomberg, ReedPOP, Global PAX Content Director and Jonathan Whyman, Event Manager, ReedPOP – From comic cons to video games – behind the scenes of ReedPOP, the world’s biggest pop culture event organisers | Tuesday 20 February, 11.45am
- Patrick Rush, Global Account Director, American Express Meetings & Events – 2018 Global meetings and events forecast | Tuesday 20 February, 1.35pm
- Mike Williams, Senior Partner, Gaining Edge – What destinations are doing to Woo business events | Wednesday 21 February, 9.30am
- Vincent Mehta, Business Development Manager, Cvent – Amplifying the power of live events | Wednesday 21 February, 11.45am
- Robyn Johnson, CEO, Meetings and Events Australia and Cindy-Lee Bakos, MCI, Conference Manager for the International Transport Systems Congress – The way we live: Technology and events | Wednesday 21 February, 1.35pm
Guy ‘Yug’ Blomberg, Global PAX Content Director, ReedPOP, and expert in event trends and niche markets said that there are opportunities for event organisers to break away from the norm.
“We’re all constantly looking for ways to make our events more exciting, unique, and engaging.”
“How can you look at your show from a different angle, explore crazy opportunities while mitigating risk, or connect with delegates, attendees, and suppliers in, credible and authentic ways?
“We’re excited to share a behind-the-scenes look at ReedPOP at AIME 2018 that will hopefully encourage, motivate, and inspire you,” said Blomberg.
AIME will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, 20-21 February 2018.