Do you just die for stunning boutique accommodation when travelling? Well, have we got good news for you!
The Boutique Hotel Awards were held recently, and they represent a suite of stellar options to captivate your clients heart, not to mention a neat little commission package.
Australia even managed a little mention if you’re after a domestic dream getaway. Qualia in the Whitsundays scored the title of World’s Best Beach or Coastal Hotel.
The winners of the Boutique Hotel Awards 2017 were announced at the glittering gala dinner held at the Merchant Taylors’ Hall, London.
So what makes these hotels so damn special?
Simply put, the hotels and private villas are actually visited. It is the only independent awards organisation in hospitality where each and every property is visited personally by an experienced hotel judge which specialises in each category and too where decisions on winners depend on true first-hand guest experience at the property.
The winners were selected from over 600 Nominees in over 80 countries. Each entrant was nominated by a member of the Awards Nomination Committee, comprised of 70 leading trailblazing travel experts whose business it is to be in the know on the extraordinary boutique hotels.
So without further ado, please enjoy this cracking list of award-winning boutique hotels.
WORLD’S BEST BOUTIQUE HOTEL
- Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, South Africa
Need To Know
- 8 themed suites, 5 private buildings and 4 heated pools
- Situated in the centre of Franschhoek, the soul of South African vinoteque
- Stylish, charming and thoughtful living, with second to none service
For the full review, click here. It’s a doozy!
And now for the rest of the top notch awards…
World’s Best Beach or Coastal Hotel:
- Qualia, Whitsundays, Australia
World’s Best City Hotel
- The Serras Hotel, Barcelona, Spain
World’s Best Classic Hotel
- The Chester Grosvenor, England
World’s Best Culinary Hotel
- Vila Joya, Algarve, Portugal
World’s Most Inspired Design Hotel
- Ca Maria Adele, Venice, Italy
World’s Best Honeymoon Hideaway
- Carpe Diem, Santorini, Greece
World’s Best New Hotel
- Kensho, Mykonos, Greece
World’s Best Relaxation Retreat
- Castello Di Guarene, Italy
World’s Most Romantic Hotel
- Aenaon Villa, Greece
World’s Most Sustainable Hotel
- Cottars Safari Lodge, Nairobi, Kenya
World’s Best Wellness Spa
- Lefay Resort & Spa, Gargnano, Italy
World’s Best Private Villa
- Over Yonder Cay, The Bahamas (above) AND Coco Prive, Kuda Hithi Island, Maldives (below)