The National Tradies Expo has been given the flick after Exhibitions and Trade Fairs (ETF) last week announced it would no longer operate the annual trade show.
Shows scheduled in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth will no longer go ahead after ETF confirmed the closure of the expo on February 13.
After an extensive consultation period, ETF concluded that the exhibition was becoming “less appropriate” for the industry.
“With the adoption of new purchasing methods, including the online space, the benefits previously drawn from attending the expo were diminishing,” ETF said in a statement.
ETF managing director Gary Daly expressed his deep regret in pulling out of the show, but insisted it was a “necessary decision” for the business.
“Making the decision to cease The National Tradies Expo was a difficult decision, but now gives us the opportunity to refocus on the upcoming shows that are strong and displaying significant growth potential,” he said.
“We are committed to growing and expanding the exhibition business to provide new levels of interaction and a host of benefits for all stakeholders, exhibitors and attendees,” Daly added.
ETF will host a number of events this year, including Sydney’s Event Showcase, Entech and the Australian Business Events Expo.
Email the Travel Weekly team at email@example.com
FCTG’s Independent Division is launching their first ever global conference, bringing together independent travel agency owners and mobile advisors from across Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada and South Africa. Santiago, Chile, has been revealed as the destination for the first conference, which will take place from 1 – 4 May next year. The FCTG […]